If you’re starting a new business or wanting to update your existing hardware, it can be difficult to know how to choose an office telephone. It has to be functional and suited to the needs of the people who are going to spend most of their time on it. It’s important to choose the right product for the job.
What do I want from my office telephone?
There’s nothing worse than investing in technology that turns out to be wrong for your business. There are a lot of different brands and models of telephones out there, all prmising something different. That’s why it’s so important to consider exactly what you want out of your office telephone, and what might not be so important. You don’t want to pay a massive amount for technology you won’t ever use, but you also don’t want to go cheap and miss out on technology you need.
What features should I ook for in an office telephone?
Our tips on how to choose an office telephone
1. Consider the brands of phone you have already used. Which ones did you like? Which were a letdown?
2. If you’re updating an existing office phone, write a list of the features you already use, and those you don’t.
3. Write a list of the features you think would benefit your business and be used regularly.
4. Consider the growth of your business – will you need any new features if your office network expands?
5. Think about your current set-up and ask yourself if it needs upgrading. Also make sure the phone you want to purchase will work with your current set up.
6. Before making a final decision, make certain that the office telephone you want to purchase has as the features you want, and as few as possible that you don’t.
7. Do some research to make sure the brand has a reputation for quality.
8. Check the warranty and tech support policies.
If you stick to this list, you’re on the right track to making sure you choose the right office telephone for your business. We’ve also created a list of the most popular features of an office phone, if you aren’t sure where to start.